Khao Sok Accommodation at Riverside Cottages, Khao Sok Thailand
Overlooking the rainforest of Khao Sok Thailand, Riverside Cottages is the perfect place to explore, swim, and relax into nature. Our resort sits on the river a few kilometers from Khao Sok National Park headquarters, pleasantly apart from the noise of the town center.
Are you wondering where to stay in Khao Sok? Enjoy the best Khao Sok accommodation with comfortable traditional Thai rooms. We organize trekking, trips to Cheow Lan lake, and other Khao Sok tours.
Explore Thailand’s oldest and most diverse rainforest, where elephants still roam free.
Riverside Cottages is less than 3 hours travel from Phuket, Krabi, or Koh Samui. We’ll pick you up for free at the local bus stop, and can also send a private car.
Why are we such a unique Khao Sok hotel?
We are a family-owned Khao Sok National Park resort. Our English-speaking staff will show you genuine hospitality from your first email to the time you check out. Your room will be clean, and your food delicious, so you can explore the park from a comfortable base.
We love Khao Sok and support responsible tourism. For example, we give back to the community and environment by building schools, training guides, and nature education.
Beautiful Khao Sok Accommodation
Our Khao Sok national park resort features all-wood Thai-style rooms that bring together comfort, cleanliness, and natural beauty. Enjoy the view from a private deck overlooking the river and jungle of the park beyond.
At Riverside Cottages we offer two types of rooms, Jungle Houses nestled between forest trees and River Cottages that are closer to the river. All rooms have Wifi internet, fans, and mosquito nets for your convenience. Couples and friends enjoy our 2 person rooms, and families can stay in our triple and 4-person rooms.
What to do in Khao Sok?
This area is a natural paradise and we look forward to sharing our favorite jungle hiking, elephant experiences, canoe trips, and floating bungalows with you. You can book one of our Khao Sok tour packages ahead of time, or choose your activities upon arrival.
First, spend half a day hiking in the National Park, then return to Riverside Cottages to enjoy a delicious lunch and swim in the river.
For spectacular views, spend a day or overnight at Khao Sok Lake. Longtail boats will take you into the lake, surrounded by majestic cliffs covered in lush greenery. Eyes open, and keep a lookout for monkeys and gibbons swinging in the trees.
Be sure to visit our Blog Page for expert information. For example, our Top 6 Activities, and Top 3 Hikes are most informative. Also, don’t miss Local Wildlife, and finally the Cheow Larn Lake Checklist.
Best Khao Sok Activities
- Maximum Relaxation: Morning canoe trip, then an afternoon Massage; Evening at the Hot Springs.
- Scenic Adventure: Take a full day trip to Khao Sok Lake, one of the most beautiful places on Earth.
- Ultimate kids’ day: Elephant Retirement, a canoe trip after lunch, then Jungle Cooking for dinner.
- Amazing Khao Sok: Morning guided jungle hike, and river tubing or canoe trip, then a Jungle Cooking lesson.
- You’ve earned it!: Full-day guided hike, evening Thai massage, followed by cocktails on the Riverside.
Why book a Khao Sok Tour Package?
- Breakfast is included
- Pre-booking means we can arrange tours in advance, ensuring availability
- There are many options for Khao Sok National Park tours – contact us for a personalized package
- You will have your own guide for all activities except for the lake tours, where you will join with a small group
Facilities at Riverside Cottages
- WiFi, hot showers and powerful fans for comfort and convenience
- Private, shaded verandas with a table and sofa or hammock
- Walkways elevated above the jungle floor keep you in the jungle, without thinking about what’s under foot.
- Our Riverside Restaurant has the best ambiance of any Khao Sok national park resort: watch monkeys play over breakfast; listen to a natural symphony over dinner
- Lush, exotic gardens packed with jungle flora fill the generous spaces between cottages, creating perfect opportunities for nature-watching without leaving the resort
Best Activities in Khao Sok – Rivers and Lakes – A Personal Review
When planning a trip to Kao Sok there are certain checks on both your bucket list and your packing list that you do not want to miss! This unique Thai landscape offers a jungle [...]
What is Karst Topography?
The term “karst” refers to the structures created in limestone monoliths (large homogeneous bodies of specified rock type) by certain environmental conditions. Karst is both a geologic term and a biologic term. Geologists use [...]
A Guide to Khao Sok Village
The real name for this jungle hamlet is Klong Sok but travelers know it as Khao Sok village. It gets its name from the Sok River running through it. You will find Khao Sok [...]
Khao Sok after Covid-19
Every part of the world has been effected by the corona virus outbreak. So what can you expect when you visit Khao Sok after Covid-19? Read our blog to find out the latest news [...]
Family Holiday Thailand – how to visit Khao Sok with children
One of our favorite things about Khaosok is its versatility! It is the best family holiday Thailand has to offer. At Riverside Cottages, we take great pleasure in introducing children to the wonders of [...]